Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sketch-a-roo! At the Bull Riding invitational.

Mrs. Claus was very thoughtful last Christmas and got me, among other things, tickets for my buckaroo and I to the Professional Bull Riders invitational at Madison Square Garden. (Okay, so I love the rodeo.) I brought along a sketchbook and we had a good ol' time.

The rules in bull riding are simple... stay on for 8 seconds...
... not as simple as it sounds!

The bulls are so cute... almost a ton of pure rage and fury!

I changed drawing tools a couple of times. I sketched mostly with Primsacolor Art Stix; they're nice and sturdy and seem to last forever. You can keep a few in your pocket and it could be all you need all day.

Brown Prismacolor Art Six. Clean and easy to use.

The bull pen... no pitchers in here, just bulls.

Scheafer No-Nonsense fountain pens are a studio workhorse and I always carry one with me. These can take a beating and continue to work; I've never clogged one...ever! 

You used to be able to get these pens in any stationery and drug store. Those days are long gone. I'll be doing a future post on them.

These Mitsubishi Uni pencils are terrific; they draw smooth as silk.

There's nothing like the sights and smell of the rodeo!
The PBA puts on an awesome, all-American show.
A great guys night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment