Monday, October 17, 2011

Studio Workhorse: The 4x6 Strathmore Sketch

Like most artist/designers, I love my sketchbooks. And although I use all types of varying quality and cost like Moleskine and Fabriano, there is one that has served me pretty well over the years, the modest Strathmore 4x6 Sketchbook. When I recently sorted through my mess of a studio, I stacked up quite a few and realized I'm pretty brand loyal. They really are little workhorses. I always have one in my back pocket. They're handy and fairly durable for when ideas come to mind on the road and most important... they keeping me occupied in waiting rooms and long lines.
A few of my loyal pocket sketchbooks.
One always goes everywhere with me.
Usually no one sees these but me... and for good reason!
The siege at Hougoumont... 
probably done while waiting for soccer practice to end.
These are easy to keep stocked up on.
At under $3, I usually keep a bunch of fresh horses on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment