Friday, November 4, 2011

Retro 50 Tornado fountain at Rock & Wrap It Up.

This Retro 50 Tornado is one of my favorite fountains under fifty dollars. It took a while to get used to the cap not staying posted very well, but with time it did improve. I got mine from the Fountain Pen Hospital some time ago (not sure if the red model is still available.)

I used my Tornado to sketch at a Rock & Wrap It Up event. It was an awards and concert benefit that featured performances by Jackie Greene and ALO; awesome musicians and great showmen. I have larger drawings that I'll post another time.

If you haven't heard of Jackie Greene you should really check him out. He's the real deal; musician songwriter and awesome performer.
The medium nib makes a generous wet line. It's all metal except for the grip and has a nice weight and feel, it's been one of my carry pens for a while. 

Mingling before the jam session.
I carried a Cachet Studio 10 x 8 sketchbook. They have 80 pages of 70lb paper that takes ink, pen and washes very well.
Cocktails before the concert.
Syd Mandelbaum, the founder of Rock & Wrap It Up
During the bidding at the memorabilia auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment